1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now, this is negative campaigning.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CentralIllinoisan, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

What's the ad going on in Tennessee in the Senate race that intimates Harold Ford Jr. likes white women or something like that? Is the word "miscegenation" used, or was it too hard for his opponent's oppo hit team to spell?

I heard kibbles and bits about this on the news last night, but didn't hear the full story. Perhaps one of our SportsJournalists.commers in the Memphis/Nashville/Knoxville bureau can enlighten me.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Ford, who is black and single, is, apparently, dating a woman not of his race. The ad seems to imply that a vote for Ford means that you would be OK with him banging your white daughter.
    I can't find the link, but in Arkansas the Republican candidate for governor is running ads trashing his Dem opponent, but is using young'uns to deliver the message.
    Just all these cute little kids saying that they when they grew up they wanted to be a waffler, and not being able to make a decision just like the Democrat.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I think it's the guy who did those Miller High Life commercials a couple years back.

The phone call lasted one minute. This guy's a regular marathon man compared to our own BYH. He would have charged Oneita County taxpayers for 8 seconds of phone call.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's a hotel. I'm sure they round up to the nearest minute. BYH should take heart. It may have been a 7-second call.

She had him at hello.

5. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I haven't seen the ad, but I read about it in the Wall Street Journal. The ad apparantly refers to the fact that Ford went to Playboy's Super Bowl party and got his picture taken with a couple of Bunnies. God forbid a youngish single man should like to hang out with good looking women....

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

7. "Just give me the half that eats."
    -- Woody Allen

8. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

"You might say that I'm half-saint, half-whore."

"Here's hoping I get the half that eats."

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

The Repubs are also running radio spots in Tennessee that play African drum music whenever Ford's name is mentioned.
    You stay classy Republican party!

Draft saved Draft deleted