1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now, this is negative campaigning.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CentralIllinoisan, Oct 25, 2006.

1. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

http://peoriapundit.com/blogpeoria/2006/10/21/now-this-is-a-negative-campaign-ad/

2. Peoria Pundit?
    BLOGS!

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Hey, if it plays in Peoria...

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Who gives a crap what the source is, that's some sleazy stuff to campaign on that. If that's the best you can come up with ....

5. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I swear, a guy can't win with these fucking Republicans. The guy just needed to get off, and charging the taxpayers for phone sex is a lot more fiscally responsible than charging them for an entire hooker.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

You don't have to go to either extreme. Just buy an f-ing cigar and go from there.

7. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Just out of curiosity ... how much is a half a hooker?

8. busuncle

busuncle Member

Did the voice-over guy sound familiar to anyone else? Does he do beer commercials or something?

9. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

It's the "Real Men of Genius" guy.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I, for one, do not want to vote for anyone who has dialed a wrong number.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Who's to say the 800 number was the "wrong" number? He might have just been crank calling the criminal justice center. :D

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I think the Peoria Pundits would be a great name for a minor league team.

Speaking of negative campaigning, it seems like EVERY candidate in Illinois is using the tag line, "What Was He (She) Thinking?" That's thanks to Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich's tagline for Republican opponent Judy Baar Topinka, whom the ads state wants your grandparents dead, your injured veterans permanently maimed, and your children diseased. Or something like that. Though political advertising, I've also learned that in the race for Henry Hyde's old seat, Tammy Duckworth wants to raise your taxes while letting illegal immigrants take over your block, and her opponent, Peter Roskam, wants to ban every book ever published and personally climb up your uterus to protect your zygote. What were they thinking? (Oops, sorry.)

Draft saved Draft deleted