1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now Oliver Stone is the latest Hollywood brain-dead...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Dec 30, 2007.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I think quite a few people are going to take umbrage with that statement, for the plain and simple fact that many politicians and millions of American voters have less common sense and intelligence than the people who appear on "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?"

2. markvid

markvid Guest

Honestly, Allen...you trying for going for that kind of money in front of a studio audience and a bunch of viewers.
    I think my brain wouldn't work too well under that pressure, too.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

They can think whatever they want to, I just take offense when they expect us to care...

4. So don't care. Who's making you?
    Jesus, man, you're not a feather in the wind here.

5. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Regardless of party preference, you have to look at more people voting for the next American Idol than voting in a presidential election. Then you wonder where the hell our priorities went.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Which is probably why "You", the average American, got listed as the #8 worst person on the planet for 2007. Maybe "You" should have been Time's Person of the Year. ::)

7. I was Time's person of the year a couple years back.
    I'm sending Putin the bill for his dues.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Watch someone like Tim Robbins or Janeanne Garafalo or Rosie get interviewed Fens. There's a distinct attitude that whatever they say should be embraced as gospel, and those of us who don't agree are worthless ants, not fit to decide our own destiny. There's a self-righteous indignation that is as plain as the surgically enhanced nose on their faces.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I think your comments say more about your anger issues than anything they may say.

And speaking of "whatever they say should be embraced as gospel" Fredo's Gang of Thugs pretty much have that wrapped up.

10. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Stone was just practicing his constitutional right to say something stupid. Hey, Dick Cheney practices that right every day.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

Last I checked, Cheney wasn't supporting and dealing with a terrorist organization.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Why do all you wing-nuts get so hung up on what Hollywood people have to say?
    I couldn't care less what Stone of any of the rest of them say or do outside of making movies.

Draft saved Draft deleted