1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now available to "melt your popsicle": Katy Perry

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by I Should Coco, Dec 30, 2011.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

IJAG: Do tell 8)

CB: nice try, but starfish stays for now

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

No shit. Everybody associated with that song should be on Death Row.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Or at least Interscope

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

She did put out an unsuccessful christian album when she was 17, but I think she has made it pretty clear that her beliefs have changed since then.

Having said that the googles led me to this 2010 article. I guess she still identifies as a Christian, but certainly not in the traditional sense.

http://blog.christianitytoday.com/ctentertainment/2010/08/katy-perry-im-still-a-christia.html

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You don't hear a lot of songs in the traditional hymnal discussing threesomes.

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

It all depends on how you see the trinity I suppose . . .

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

8. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Nicely done.

9. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I didn't realize Cher is his mother.

10. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

Really?

I can think of tons of them from 'reality TV':

Any and all of the Kardashian/Jenner family members; the cast of MTV's Jersey Shore; Donald Trump; Sarah Palin; Jesse James; Paul Teutel, Sr. and most of his employees of Orange County Choppers; Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar; Jon and Kate Gosselin; plenty of the 'reality fame-whores' that have appeared (some numerous times) on CBS' Big Brother and Survivor; most, if not all, of the regular contestants that continue to appear in MTV's Real World/Road Rules Challenges; any and all of the parents that allow their kids to appear on TLC's Toddlers and Tiaras; Paris Hilton; Spencer Pratt; etc.

....and the producers and TV exes that continue to 'cast' these people because it 'makes good TV'.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

You must have seen a different edition than I saw, because in the version I saw, she makes the airhead/Betty Boop/dumbfuck/duckface face about 80 percent of the commercial.

It's OK to be a fucking moron, really it is. But it's not necessary to exult in it.

[​IMG]

My 10-year-old niece put some Katy Perry stuff on her Christmas list this year. I made sure to put the kibosh on that in a big way among the family.

Katy Perry is right up with Lindsay Lohan and Nancy Spungen among people you want your 10-year-old girl emulating.

12. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Starman, why on (insert the planet on which you reside) are you sitting at home watching Katy Perry infomercials? I have several excuses, but I cannot begin to fathom yours.

Draft saved Draft deleted