1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now anchoring SportsCenter ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Scouter, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Aaron Altman (played by Albert Brooks) wasn't merely an accomplished writer, but a solid, experienced on-air reporter for a TV network. He was accustomed to being on camera, which further drives home the point about the difficulties of making the transition to anchor. This was no TV newbie. He was a pro, no novice around cameras, and he still couldn't pull it off. As others have said, different skill set.

(Hi, Luggies! It's a "Broadcast News" reference! Wanna watch it with me? I'll pop the popcorn!)

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

No, he's not ... but he's bad on TV. Not just on SportsCenter, but any time the red light goes on in the studio. Clearest example of a guy completely out of his natural element I've seen.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Anytime JD. I love that movie.

4. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Isn't he getting pad $3 mil a year at ESPN. Who in their right minds would stay at SI and bypass that opportunity? If anyone's at fault here, it's ESPN for failing to use him right.

Draft saved Draft deleted