1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nov. 22, 1963 - conspiracy or not

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i hope you were kidding because that would be a pretty ignorant statement if not.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Sorry, Colton, but a Discovery Channel show replicated it almost to a T with a recreation. I was a skeptic till I saw it happen in super slow motion.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

She probably wants to know as badly as anybody.

Whether or not she actually takes a position in the Obama administration, she's gonna have a lot of pull -- who knows, maybe she'll ask Barack to release the 2029 material.

My own guess -- I've read most of the "official" material and a lot of the unofficial stuff:

1) Oswald did the shooting, all by himself.

2) He was a dupe/puppet of other agents -- individuals or institutions. Thus the need for Oswald to be gotten rid of.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

A little older. My mother was involved in politics on the local level then and I would hear my parents discussing Specter.

5. Colton

Colton Active Member

Tony: We'll just have to agree to disagree, sir.

What a TV show says means nothing to me.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

It's not what they "said," it's what they did -- a replication of the shot through mannequins made to resemble real humans as far as bone, muscle and tissue. Took the shot from the same angle and distance through the two mannequins placed exactly where the bodies were. Through super-slow motion you could see the bullet do exactly what the original did.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/69758897e673c5a2

I can't find the exact video clip from that show of the replication of the shot, but here's the Wikipedia entry on it.

7. Colton

Colton Active Member

Tony: Just not buyin' what they're sellin'

8. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Colton,

One of the biggest fallacies surrounding the debunking of the Magic Bullet Theory is that most people put Connolly directly in front of JFK. When you do that, it skews the layout to the point that the Magic Bullet would be impossible. When you correctly put Connolly at an angle, you see how the Magic Bullet happened.

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

And people say it can't happen because the bullet was in such pristine condition.

In actuality, it wasn't pristine. The bullet did get flattened out (not truly round).

10. Caroline is a Kennedy.
    I'd say if she wanted to know everything there is to know - she already does.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'm ashamed to admit I don't know enough about it to answer this thread.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You know, we are not even talking about this today if some guy wasn't trying out his sweet camera.

Draft saved Draft deleted