1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nov. 22, 1963 - conspiracy or not

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you know, red, i'd tell you to suck my big, fat dong if the mods only knew i was kidding, but i'm afraid they'd take me seriously if i addressed your right-wing, republican-lovin, fetus-embracing, palin-lovin', war-hawk ass in that manner.

so i won't. ;)

god bless, ya.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

jesus christ. watch a commercial for mcdonalds and tell me how good the qp and cheese is. your point is ridiculous.

and facts aren't relevant before making up your mind? no shit? i'm sure your editors love you.

3. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Seriously?

No, seriously?

Come onnnnnnnnn. A joke shouldn't hurt that much, unless deep down you yourself believe it's not a joke and there is even a small hint of truth.

But I'm sure the mods know that both you and I were only kidding with each other. Right?

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

CRACK! ... "There's a drive ... deep left field ... going, going ... GONE! A home run for RedSmithClone."

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Aww, shucks. I had never even heard of this Jack Frank Kennedy dude cause you know anyone under 30 is stuped right Tom? I must be stuped. I mean, shucks, it's not like I have degrees in psychology and criminal justice and have been fascinated with the topic since I understood what it meant as a 10-year old kid watching a documentary on it.

No, that's it. I let this one program influence my whole opinion on the matter. Duh.

You can't see this, but I'm flipping you off right now. :)

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Oswald a dead ender? A guy who, during the height of the Cold War, was able to defect to the USSR, and then change his mind and re-enter the States with his Russian wife with no problem? You can characterize him as a flunky book depository employee. Seems like he's a bit more than that to me.

And in terms of someone putting on a book's pages details about the Kennedy killing, well, that has been done. Bill Bonanno, from the New York Mafia family, mentioned in his book, "Bound By Honor", that Johnny Roselli told him that he was the trigger man who killed Kennedy. Now, the point you raise about how credible that statement is--well, that's pretty hard to defend, for sure--but Roselli turning up in a 55 gallon drum in the ocean around the time of the House Select Committee at least gives one pause to think.

7. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Capt,

The reason Oswald moved so freely was that he was a dead-ender.

And Mafia guys end up dead with unsurprising frequency for reasons unrelated to JFK.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Can't argue your statement about Mafia guys, Pope.

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Let's say you think there were other shooters. Is there any way now, with today's video and other surveillance technology, the other shooters could escape and an Oswald be set up, at least in a place like Dealey Plaza?

10. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Nope. Someone would catch the fleeing shooter and post the video on Youtube before the dead person's body went cold.

11. Colton

Colton Active Member

Arlen Specter's horseshit Magic Bullet Theory sealed the deal for me.

No way, no how.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

yeah. brilliant, right there.

Draft saved Draft deleted