1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Notre Dame = FRAUD

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Sep 2, 2006.

1. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

reading is fundamental

2. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

i choose not to do it well on msg boards

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I liked the keeper call late in the half. It's a ballsy call, especially when your offense has done jack for 29.5 minutes.

The winners make plays like that, and they believe they will make plays like that. The "frauds" of the world? Not so much ... they'd end up fumbling.

(Speaking of Penn State, it was disconcerting how they struggled to put away Akron. ND wins by two TDs next week.)

4. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

These first-week games are so hard to judge in a larger context, but that being said, I don't blame us for trying (unlike fanboys on message boards, who throw shitfits when someone tries to opine about their team after a sloppy first game. Of course, if said team wins big in the opener ...).

GaTech could end up with the nation's No. 1 "D," for all we know. You just never know. In 1995, Northwestern beat Notre Dame to start the season, and everyone thought ND was a joke. Well, NW ended up going to the Rose Bowl that season.

You just never know.

I think Notre Dame is in survival mode right now - get through Penn State next week, find a way to beat Michigan, then the schedule opens up.

That being said, with the way UCLA played against Utah the other night, that could be a danger game, too, for Notre Dame.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

The way ND's defense shut down GaTech with Ball and Johnson, I doubt they'll have much problem with Penn State. They'll probably shut down Williams, Morelli's favorite target. The one guy that might give the secondary fits is Norwood, very good for a No. 3 receiver and a speed demon.

6. HoopsMcCann

johnson's very good -- but ball? have you seen georgia tech play before saturday? ball is ass

7. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Didn't GT play horribly in the game Ball missed last year, though?

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

And, it should be a soft "a" when saying the school name.

9. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Team W-L PF PA National ranking
    Fraud 1-0 14 10 2, fuckers

ND will be top 5 at year's end. And yeah, I think they'll win it all.

10. HoopsMcCann

tech's played horrible in games he did play -- in his third year starting last year, he completed 48 percent of his passes and had 11 tds and 11 ints

guy sucks balls. stopping him is nothing to be proud of

11. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

I'm not sure Notre Dame's defense was as tremendous as everyone gives it credit for on Saturday night. They made zero plays that I can recall - just played well enough for Ga. Tech to grind its drives to a halt again and again.

Can you imagine Calvin Johnson at USC or Ohio State or some such place?

12. HoopsMcCann

exactly. if dude had a qb it would be sick

Draft saved Draft deleted