1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Notre Dame 24, USC 0

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Johnny Dangerously, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

ESPN Classic, from 1974. On right now.

Of course, by game's end it's going to be 55-24 USC. Gerry DiNardo just threw a good block on the last Irish touchdown -- which will be the last Irish touchdown of the day.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Keith Jackson just said the halftime show featuring the USC band will showcase Bob Goulet as the guest performer.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Mmmm ... sweaters!

Never mind that every cheerleader is now as old as my mom.

Speaking of a nice wedge ... you don't see that much these days. Well done, Anthony Davis.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Woody Hayes is the color analyst in the booth with Keith Jackson.

5. How can this be? I mean, the great Notre Dame, losing. Sorry, I really don't hate Notre Dame that much, but for some reason this week, I seem to be getting an incessant hatred from them every time I come around here. :)

6. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

One of the most incredible games ever.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Touchdown Trojans! And yes, the sweaters looked better then then they do now.

8. Johnny Dangerously

Keith Jackson just teased an after-game ABC News special on Jimmy Hoffa.

9. bsizzle_77

bsizzle_77 New Member

I taped this game on ESPN classic. I watch it up to Notre Dames last TD because after that I cannot watch the rest.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Watched that game with a lady who's a HUGE Irish fan.

I did crack a smile, the second half.

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

That's because most cheerleaders don't have boobs anymore, or at least according to my dad harkening back about the good ol days

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I remember watching this game while home on Thanksgiving break during my junior year. I quit watching in disgust after ND went ahead 24-0, but my little brother, a huge SC fan, kept watching and started screaming when AD began scoring TDs left and right.

I returned and reveled in the comeback. SC had the ball inside ND's 10 when the game ended, as I recall. Should have scored again.

Draft saved Draft deleted