1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nothing really matters; anyone can see

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

:eek: :eek: :eek:

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Love this guy! Totally killed me.

3. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

How do videos like this get released to the public? That's the first question that entered my head when I saw it.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Most drunks would pass out after about the second verse.

Our video guy gets a B-plus for effort, but the execution falls short.

As anyone who has ever taken part in a drunken "Bohemian Rhapsody" singalong will attest, you have to sing all the Freddie Mercury soprano parts in the highest yodeling soprano voice you can warble out. It doesn't matter if you sound like a basset hound trying to reach the upper registers -- in fact it's better if you do.

"Oh mamma mia!! Mama mia, Beelzebub has a devil set aside for me, FOR MEEEE, FORRR MEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!"

(Rips into head-banging air-guitar solo)

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

This happened last November. Apparently, the drunk guy asked the RCMP for the tape and posted it himself on You Tube. Would it surprise you to know that he's a karaoke aficionado?

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

This video and the Batman video will be forever linked for me.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

It is public record, no?

I see HC already answered the question, but if the guy hadn't done it himself, I'd think anybody could have.

I have a friend who stupidly got a DUI on Halloween about a decade ago. He got pulled over dressed like an Oompa Loompa. Years later, I got the mugshot from the police station -- they actually took one of him dressed up I guess for evidence of his state, and one with the makeup (mostly) washed off for identification purposes -- and made t-shirts with it for his bachelor party.

Anyway, my point is that it was public record so the cops had to give me the mug. I'd assume a video is the same deal.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yes it would surprise me considering how awful he is. If there are 6000 notes in that song, he was off-pitch on 5,997 of them. And that's nothing to so say about his tempo.

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

See, to me that seems like a requirement for karaoke. My experience has been that drinking is required more for the listeners than the singers. :D

10. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

I believe it was George Carlin who said:

Karaoke is the Japanese word for "No, you can't sing either."

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

If everyone at karaoke bars just knew the words, as this guy does, they would be a lot more tolerable.

Are we sure this video is real, though? I don't trust that this man is actually drunk or actually in the back of a cop car. I just think he's a horrible singer who wants attention.

12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

From my professional experience those two things are not mutually exclusive.

Draft saved Draft deleted