1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nothing like the smell of F--- You in the morning.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by old_tony, Jan 21, 2008.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yeah, I thought of that. But like Rosie said, I went the quote route.

2. old_tony

Not if I can help it. I'll be buying a dehumidifier later today.

3. old_tony

What else can go wrong this week? Well, woke up this morning to an extremely cold house. Down to 55.

The controller for the blower took a shit. A call to the furnace guy and $149.45 later, it's warming up. And I'm going back to bed under a boat load of blankets and quilts.

And the furnace guy said it is highly unlikely that the problem was caused by any water dripping into the furnace from Monday's plumbing fiasco.

On the bright side? I'm not Heath Ledger or Brad "Don't Call Me Mel" Renfro.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

You guys make me feel much better about the front porch light fixture that stopped working. The main inconvenience until the electrician arrives falls on the pizza delivery guy.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

A plastic fitting -- improperly installed -- blew on my parents' pressure-tank toilet while they were away. The water ran for a day or three until I happened by. I shut off the valve and watched as all the standing water in the hall and living room disappeared, through the hardwood floors and into the basement -- and onto all my furniture and stuff, which I had stashed there after a house move the previous week. It was actually raining down there, and made for compelling video in the pre-YouTube era, if anyone's interested. Insurance paid off right away for the ruined furniture and other big-ticket items, then nickel-and-dimed us to death for the little things, like clothes, books, housewares, etc. Fortunately, irreplaceable photos and the like escaped the deluge. Insurance even rejected my claim for hockey equipment, saying it was made to get wet. Wet, yes. Submerged, no. Jerks.

Later I had my own basement flood. I saved 99% of a drenched 30-year magazine collection by hanging them over clothesline strung from wall to wall, and running a huge fan with the windows open for three days. I've since moved flood perishables to a safer location, and raised my computer gear off the floor as well.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

A relative, and someone I thought highly of, died. Then no one asked me if I would like to go or could go or wanted to go to the funeral back home.

It's not that simple - there's someone here who needs personal care - but the fact that no asked or talked with me about the situation is damning enough.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Those sound like a couple of really shitty days.

8. Mira

Mira Member

Maybe one of my days last week can top yours.

Technician came to re-light the pilot light in gas fireplace at our house. Hubby tells me to burn the fireplace for a bit of time since we've never had lit on since we moved into the house. Turn fireplace off and two fire alarms go off. I'm running around yanking out batteries, attempting to pull alarms out of the ceiling. But to make matters worse, the blaring alarms sound like a Judas Priest concert -- and Rob Halford is screaming directly into my ears. This went on for 20 minutes until alarms shut off.

I couldn't shut them off. If I'm a dumb broad, so be it. The morning sucked -- that's all I'm saying.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Yanking fire alarm batteries out is breaking the law, breaking the law, breaking the law.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

"What, no love for the smell of queef in the morning?"

[​IMG]

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You could have shit yourself.

Draft saved Draft deleted