1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Note to self: Always consult All Music before buying a CD

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jun 25, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I was browsing at a Best Buy tonight and saw a CD by a band called Theory of a Dead Man for $9.99. I'm a big fan of their one minor hit song, "No Surprise," and I liked another song of theirs when I heard it on one of the XM alternative stations. So I figured, hey, for 10 bucks, why not.

I get back, put it in the CD player and I'm liking what I hear. I go to allmusic to see if they've recorded anything else...and this is the first line of their biography:

Vancouver, Canada's Theory of a Deadman became the first act to sign with Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger's 604 Records imprint in 2001.

Fuck. It's like meeting a nice, attractive girl at the bar, hitting it off and then being told by a buddy "Hey, you know she's the sister of that girl that boiled her boyfriend's bunny rabbits, right?" Sure, the sins of the sister/clown that signed the band shouldn't be born by the, uhh, sister/newly signed band, but, well, the genetic imprint is also impossible to ignore.

Now all I hear when I listen to this CD is that fucking insufferable guy from Nickelback oversinging everything...and I can't tell if it's legit or just psychosematic (sp?). Thanks for possibly ruining what could have been a good CD, guy from Nickelback.

Fuck. I could have used those 10 bucks towards the Dixie Chicks CD. Sigh.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Can you trade it for a Creed CD?

Draft saved Draft deleted