1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not-so-good housing news

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Sep 11, 2006.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

From the WSJ.

This, coupled with some upcoming federal regulatory changes concerning limits on commercial and real-estate lending, ain't good.

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I'm thinking about buying a house in about 10 months.

3. what kind of limits? This is the first I heard of this

4. Oz

Oz Active Member

Screw that, buy mine now. It's been on the market since February. Dropped the price three times. It needs to go.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Well, if you're looking to be a buyer, it's not such bad news.

If you're looking to be a seller, on the other hand ....

Then there are those who are selling one and buying another. I guess they come out even.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Active Member

Bubbler six months ago: Sweet!

Bubbler now: Fuck!

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Maybe, maybe not.
    If you're trying to sell one and buy another, it's a tough situation. You don't want to take out an extra large mortgage to buy the second one and still be paying a mortgage on the first one until you sell it.
    On the other hand, fewer sellers will look at contingency buyers (I'll buy your house on the condition I sell mine) who are in that situation.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Active Member

A_F will now weigh in with his continued beliefs that "there is no 'housing bubble'" and "prices will not go into the tank."

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Nearly half of the banks in the U.S. have lent more than 300% of their capital, some in risky, small-business loans. And the feds are starting to notice and want to put the brakes on before another S&L-type bust.

10. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

This sucks. Dr. J have been toying of getting to the business of flipping a house or two.

Okay, it's more of a dream. I think we have about $150 in our bank accounts.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Depends quite a bit on location, obviously. There will be pockets where it gets really ugly and others where the market will just level off a little.

12. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Are you a big fan of the "Flip This House" shows? Man, I can't get enough of them. Seems my TV's always on HGTV.

Draft saved Draft deleted