1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not if you was the last immigrant grocer on Earth!! Honey!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jul 23, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yankee Rose, which is on the short list for best video intro ever, is on the Classic.

What a killer way to begin a legit solo career (I consider "Crazy From The Heat" a vanitiy thing). Who could imagine 21 years later, he'd be killing VH classics on a bluegrass record. Sigh. Getting old's a bitch, ain't it, Dave? Pick up the hair you just lost on your way out, please.

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I liked the Huey Lewis/Phil Collins epic beginnings myself.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Good call, particularly on the Phil stuff. I saw "Don't Lose My Number" last night. Still a funny video after all these years.

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

The girl in the "Stuck With You" video was hot, too. But after hearing that song 675 times in the last few days, I can do without the video right now (unless I put it on mute).

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

"Huey Lewis! Can I take your picture! *snap*"

His best video was probably for a song that doesn't rank among his biggest hits: "Doin' It All For My Baby." It had that five-minute intro in the woods with Huey getting killed by a falling car in the woods and turning into Frankenstein.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The beginning of Yankee Rose is unquestionably the greatest intro in videos. I will tolerate no conversation on the topic.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

And I present for BYH's enjoyment:

http://www.wearethe80s.com/

Who's the person running out to Wal-Mart to get the Eddie Money disc?

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

It's fucking incredible that Annabella Lwin is only 40.

I'm so glad that I was 14 when MTV took off for the moon, and I didn't have to feel guilt and disgust lusting over her.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Love this from the promo text for the Bangles CD:

"They taught us to "Walk Like an Egyptian" and reminded us how much we all hate "Manic Mondays."

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You shouldn't feel guilt and disgust. She is hot as hell--hotter now than she was then. One little note of discouragement. She digs women, not men... Although maybe that just makes her hotter?

If I remember, when they started Bow Wow Wow she was something like 11 or 12. She was working at her parent's dry cleaning or laundrty place (one or the other) in London, some guy came in and heard her singing along to the radio and asked her if she wanted to auditition for a band. She did it without her parents knowing.

Draft saved Draft deleted