1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NOT FUNNY -- TV reporter's meltdown

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SoCalDude, Feb 14, 2011.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Her not wanting to talk is fine.
    I'm pointing out the hypocricy of how TV reporters will camp outside the home of a crime victim or suspect but they are nowhere near as aggressive with their own.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

WTF?

It's a personal medical issue. Those are never reported unless released by the patient, in part because they are now impossible to get.

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

So you're saying if Ryan Seacreast has a similar experience during a live broadcast of "American Idol," KCBS news will back off and respect his privacy?
    Bull shit, they would have a news van outside his door and interview everyone he has ever known.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'm saying even if the station managers knew exactly what her medical condition was, to release it to anyone -- including her co-workers -- without her expressed permission would be a violation of federal law.

They're not going to hound anyone for a medical update because they are not going to get it. Period.

5. rpmmutant

rpmmutant Member

Lindsay Lohan and Charlie Sheen respect the media's consideration of their privacy.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Totally different situations. They had direct access to her. She took the call. She gave the answer. No reason to camp out because you do that as a way to gain access. She granted access.

7. Rudy Petross

Rudy Petross Member

I have to agree with MTM, this has been my bitch with the media since I got into the business. This is totally off topic but we demand accountability from everyone else but then when we have to look inward we soft peddle it.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

How did they "soft peddle" this one?

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You've never seen my wife drunk.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Or my wife sober.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Not true. Then again, I didn't require her to talk, so what do I know?

12. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

i hope you're not suggesting this would be a hippa violation

Draft saved Draft deleted