1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not exactly Burger King

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SF_Express, Jun 21, 2006.

1. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

The Boca Raton Resort and Club -- which incidentally has a great, although ridiculously expensive, golf course -- is now offering a high-end (to say the least) burger. The price tag when all is said and done: $124.50.

Three kinds of beef, including Kobe, and ketchup with champagne and truffles in it.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/local/sfl-621bocaburger,0,3830093.story

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

A lot of places claim to serve Kobe beef, but isn't it illegal to import Kobe beef?

3. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I want a job at your place so I can afford the burgers at your country club.

4. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

buck, you are correct (i believe). the kobe beef you see in the states, the cattle is raised here by ranchers who have crossbred angus cattle with the japanese cattle that produce the kobe beef.

5. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I've played there twice -- once 19 years ago in the dead of summer when all those kinds of South Florida resorts have great discounts to get somebody in their hotels, once about a year ago when a friend of mine won a foursome -- and am unlikely to ever taste that burger.

The burgers at MY country club -- a public fee goat track that I have great affection for -- are tremendous indeed -- but they cost $6.75 including fries.

6. leo1

leo1 Active Member

coincidentally, i'll be at the boca resort & club this friday along with thousands of lawyers. (it's the state bar convention and i'm going to a panel that my boss is on). i probably won't order the burger.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If I win the lottery, I am so ordering that burger.

8. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

The best I can do is a pair of tee times at the Jeremy Ranch in Park City in a couple of weeks. Hopefully I'll get placed in a foursome with someone entertaining that can putt real well. I can hit it 275, but can't putt to save my life.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

Ketchup is the devil's condiment.

10. I had a bison burger at Ted's Montana Grill in Atlanta yesterday. Good stuff. Only $9.

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

My brother's friend was a valet for a short time at the Boca country club last year. When I visited my brother down in Miami I got to golf with his friend for a nice reduced fee AND they let me use their nicest set of rentals (top of the line Nike's) for free. It was by the far the nicest course I have ever played on.

12. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Yeah, it's interesting, isn't it? Not real long, but a lot of cool holes. It was completely redesigned not that long ago....

Draft saved Draft deleted