1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not enough Posnanski threads, so he announces Big Red Machine book release

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Aug 4, 2009.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Or Amazon.com does. Or someone does.

Due out 9/15 in stores, which usually means you'll find it there the weekend before.

Nice cover:

[​IMG]

And he's starting to promote it on this blog.

I'm first in line.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

He posted a video of some card trick on his facebook page. It was awesome. I'm a sucker for stupid card tricks. And Poz!

3. As we all launch into saying he's the best in the business (he is), it's worth noting that, to the best of my knowledge, Joe was never a beat writer and became a full-time columnist sometime in his mid-20s.

Interesting, as these are supposedly cardinal sins (Jerry Brewer thread, among others).

When does SI snap him up full time?

And also, between the books, the blog, SI, and the fact the KC Star is now paying its city columnists at 75 percent of their former pay, with no benefits, how much longer is he at the paper? (I'm sure he's still getting a great deal, I'm just saying ...)

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

TSP, he's been promoting the book's release on his blog all year.

He's had a countdown to 09/09/09 for months: http://joeposnanski.com/JoeBlog/2009/06/14/090909/

And the cover came out in March: http://joeposnanski.com/JoeBlog/2009/03/31/another-world-premiere/

Draft saved Draft deleted