1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nostalgia Run Amok: BYH & Bubbler Live BLOG! AT40 from 4/6/85

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Apr 24, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh man I hope we hear Tender Years!

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

This was the prelude to the great Power Station-Arcadia schism of late '85. I chose Power Station because they rocked ... to a point.

3. Bubbler

This song is flat-out depressing, but more sensical than Wild Boys or The Reflex.

4. Bubbler

Damn you Casey and your nebulous teases!

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Casey just said Save A Prayer is off Rio. That was released in 1985? Something is off there.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

32.) Some Things Are Better Left Unsaid, Hall and Oates

That coudl sum up this whole place!

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Some things that were better left unsaid between Daryl and John:

"I think your mustache is awful."--Daryl to John
    "I'm fucking carrying your ass here."--Daryl to John
    "I've wanted to have sex with you since we were 15 years old in Philly."--John to Daryl

8. Bubbler

I love H&O, but this is their Scott Norwood moment when you knew they were going down the tubes. This song almost single-handedly kills their soul cred.

BYH, I think Save A Prayer was re-released while they prepared for the great Power Station-Arcadia schism.

9. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Between the Huskers, Replacements and Prince, Minneapolis had it going on in the 80s.

And I think Save a Prayer was released late cause it was such a popular "deep cut." I only know this cause my first kiss was from a Durannie. She tried to convince herself that I looked like Nick Rhodes when I absolutely did not (thank God).

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Bubbler

Meanwhile, G.E. Smith mugged for the camera.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Two comments... Save A Prayer... nostalgic, but really suckitude. Give me Hungry Like the Wolf (I know, not even remotely 1985), just for the moaning woman. I could use a moaning woman. Not the best Hall & Oates song ever, but they are one underrated duo. I defy anyone to give Sara Smile an honest listen and not conclude that it is a great song.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

now Casey is telling us about the origins of the name Apollonia, which apparently has religious connotations.

Who knew it meant "she who will fuck Prince?"

Draft saved Draft deleted