1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nostalgia Run Amok: BYH & Bubbler Live BLOG! AT40 from 4/6/85

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

When was the long-distance dedication? Wasn't it usually somewhere around No. 30?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

The songs that fell out this week:

Second Nature. Dan Hartman
    Misled, Kool and the Gang
    I Want To Know What Love Is, Foreigner
    This Is Not America, David Bowie and the Pat Metheny Group

I had no idea Dan Hartman had another hit.

Take it Bubbler!

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I know I Want To Know What Love Is hit no. 1. I think Misled hit the top five.

"Don't Come Around Here No more" is one of the great videos of the era. I thought it debuted later in the summer though. I believe this is the album TP was working on when he punched a wall and nearly ruined his right hand.

That's right. I got facts, bitches.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

This song is where I realized Dave Stewart from the Eurthymics wasn't just some dope who hunched over a keyboard while Annie Lennox did her andy-rogny thing, he had some chops.

And unlike most, I always thought the video was average at best. Alice In Wonderland imagery doesn't do it for me.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Meh. Cream pwns the whole Clapton catalog.

Think I'll go spin Badge now.

6. Bubbler

Don't forget Instant Replay from back in the disco era. He was a chart force!

7. Bubbler

By the way, I know exactly what I was doing on April 6, 1985 ... not getting laid.

Just like now!

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Commercial time!

Except there are no commercials. Awesome.

35.) New Attitude, Pattie LaBelle

her first hit in 10 years. You go Patti!

9. Bubbler

No. 35: New Attitude -- Patti LaBelle

My attitude towards this song isn't new since '85. It sucks ... out loud.

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

If I remember correctly, this is the song in which the hot video-directing team of ex-10ccers Godley & Creme wanted Clapton to dress in drag, but he refused.

The 80s were the opposite of the 60s, thanks to the new Reagan morality -- if you remember them, then you were really there.

11. Bubbler

This truly was the golden age of syn-drums and cheesy synths. How did anyone have sex to this music?

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

The Beverly Hills Cop soundtrack was the anti-Glitter. It could do no wrong. Bubbler and I could have farted for three and a half minutes and it would have hit the top 20.

Speaking of which: Oh man. I hope "Party All The Time" is on this week. I might just shit my pants if it is.

Draft saved Draft deleted