1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Norwich (Conn.) Bulletin - Sports staffer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by philly fanatic, Apr 25, 2007.

1. The Norwich Bulletin is seeking a versatile sports staffer who can do it all – cover major colleges, high schools and participatory sports, and be a solid team player on the desk. The ideal candidate will be able to get beyond the game to show how the participants and those around them are affected by the news. Eastern Connecticut is a hotbed of sports, including UConn, the WNBA’s Connecticut Sun, the Class AA Connecticut Defenders and more. Send your cover letter, resume and work samples to hhagans@norwichbulletin.com or mail them to Jim Konrad, Managing Editor, Norwich Bulletin, 66 Franklin St., Norwich, CT 06360. EOE, M/F

2. GateHouse bought this paper from Gannett a few weeks ago. So who knows what that will mean for this publication.
    This is a 26,000 circulation paper.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Bosak still there?

4. The company who owns this paper has changed, but it's the same clowns running the circus here. I would be very, very careful with this one. Gatehouse will be fully in charge soon, but I suspect a house cleaning to happen at some point, so it could be a while till they fill this one. The ad doesn't say so, but it is a very real possibility one of the main responsibilities will be UConn men's basketball. Any one who wants info on this opening, feel free to pm me.

5. Bosak?

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Chris Bosak? He was there a few years ago, and I thought he still was.

7. Definitely no Chris Bosak there.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Ah, I miss the classic Norwich threads we had ...

9. This one can become a classic, Wicked. It's sounds like you really want it to be one. ;D

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

No. Nothing can top the first usage of the "I would rather cut out my own anus and eat it" line that came out of the thread three or four years ago.

11. LMAO. I think it was more like two years ago, but I remember that line very well. You're right, nothing can top that.

12. Any word on this job?

Draft saved Draft deleted