1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Northeast flooding

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by OTD, Jun 28, 2006.

1. JimmyOlson

JimmyOlson Member

What's weirdis that it has been a beautiful day here in Binghamton (sunny, 80 degrees), but the river just keeps rising and rising. A portion of I-88 (between Binghamton and Albany) got washed out last night, and two truckers died when the drove off the road. Wilkes-Barre is getting it even worse, as are the outlying areas north and east of here.

Say a prayer for those people tonight. They need it.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No. Different watershed... Flows into the Atlantic

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Those of us old enough to remember Hurricane Agnes, which was right around this time of year, know that when the otherwise innocuous Susquehanna floods, it's a bitch.
    Ponds are dry out west, and here in New England, moss is growing on my driveway. Mother Nature sure is disorganized.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Things get wild over there when the Susquehanna floods. I've been pretty damn lucky with where I'm at. Hell I've played a softball game and even went golfing already this week. But you go about a half hour from me and things are about as shitty as can be. And has been for days.

5. JimmyOlson

JimmyOlson Member

People here are already saying this is worse than Agnes.

Draft saved Draft deleted