1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

North Korea doesn't blink

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

As only Fred Durst could put it, I think we're all in agreeance on this.

2. And what happens to the million-man army?

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Again, you need to read up on this topic a bit. I'm not saying that N.Korea wouldn't sell them. I'm saying that the buyers have a better place to go. Pakistan already has the production facilities to create the "suitcase nuke." Pakistan is a nation that bows to terrorists like Bin Laden.

Why would terrorists go running off to N.Korea for nuclear weapons when a) they don't really have the capacity to make what the terrorists want and b) they can obtain the actual product from a far friendlier government the proper form that they want?

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Which reminds me. Didn't Condi Rice refer to him as "Kim Jong The Second" once?

EDIT: Ronald Reagan and Dick Cheney both did.

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Kim+Jong+the+second%22&hl=en&lr=&start=20&sa=N

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Thank you for agreeing with my original statement. If they have them they can sell them. There is a market, even if Pakistan may be selling them as well.

6. If they have supersophisticated jet fighter aircraft, they can sell them, too.
    Also unicorns.
    Their economy is a basket case. They can't build missiles that can fly or bombs that can explode. They're a dangerous nuisance, led by a loon, but let's not go in for threat-inflation again, please. There's been enough of that mischief.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Not based on this administration's history.

After the administration renders them unemployed, they will become the million-man insurgency.

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Again, you gloss over what actually exists and looks upon generalities.

1) There are different types of nukes.
    2) N.Korea does NOT have and is NOT producing the type that terrorists want.
    3) While N.Korea may want to sell their product, nobody is buying because it doesn't suit their needs, is too heavily watched by America, and a link of the buyer could more easily be made.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The "million-man army" is pathetically outmoded. The only one keeping it in tact is the little fuckwad, at the expense of his own starving countrymen. There's no guarantee it would be a legitimate force if its head were to be lopped off. Armies have been coddled and pampered because of victory (Germany in the 1870s) or because of defeat (France in the 1870s). This one is pampered and it hasn't done squat.

10. OK, but I'm not willing to bet the 38,000 American troops that are between that army and a short hop to Seoul.

11. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

I'm convinced there's like 100 people in that army. Those clips of Kim at the soldier parades are two-second-long pieces of video of the soldiers, looped like Keanu Reeves in Speed.

12. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

And boom goes No. 2?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061010/ts_nm/korea_north_nuclear_test_dc

Draft saved Draft deleted