1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

North Korea doesn't blink

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Oct 8, 2006.

1. What does this guy know, anyway?
    http://blog.washingtonpost.com/postglobal/needtoknow/2006/10/bush_made_a_big_mistake.html

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yes, Fenian, it sure appears that Clinton and his tough negotiations done by Jimmy "give-'em-all-they-want-for-nothing-in-return" Carter gave us Peace in Our Time. Are you really trying to insist that the failures during the Clinton years didn't lead to this? That NK started all its nuke development after 2001? You're either incredibly stupid or simply a liar. Your choice.

3. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

KJI was so jacked he went out and shot a 17.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If you don't think the North Koreans would sell their nukes (if they have them) to the highest bidder, you're seriously delusional.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

[​IMG]

You don't even blink do you? (I know...totally inapporiate)

6. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

The North Korean pursuit of nukes goes back well before the Clinton or Carter administrations. The record seems clear, however, that they expedited their nuke program after a) the Bushies stopped talking to them and b) the U.S. invaded Iraq. If you don't want to be the victim of a regime change, what better way to do so than to show the world (and the Americans) that you've got the bomb?

And the Clinton "failures" cited by conservative hacks are dubious. William Cohen was asked by Wolf Blitzer about two reactors that the U.S. supposedly provided, which NK allegedly used to produce nuclear material -- he said the Koreans never got them.

7. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I heard he then went out and bowled a 901 series.

8. Clinton's "failures" consisted of managing a delicate balance between three or four countries, one of which was run by a certifiable loon, and managing to keep NK from a nuclear weapons program for eight years.
    In comes Team Cock-Up and things, ah, change.

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

This adds absolutely nothing to the discussion, but I love how my paper's sans-serif display copy turns Il into II.

Carry on.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

No kidding, I nearly crapped my pants just a second ago.
    I had my TV on one of the music channels and it I hear the alert system go off and I get up and go to the living room and I see a green screen, different from the red screen they use for the weather alerts and my first thought was, "shit, North Korea just dropped a bomb on somebody."
    But then it went to the required monthly test mode and peace returned.

11. KP

KP Active Member

Capped off the night by leading off the game with a grand slam.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

A violent, bloody, crown-in-the-gutter Ceaucescu-like end cannot come swiftly enough to the Little Leader.

Draft saved Draft deleted