1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

North Korea doesn't blink

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Oct 8, 2006.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

CNN reports South Korean media reporting North Korea has conducted a nuclear test.

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Now China and Japan can act tough while doing nothing.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

Bingo. Talk a big game, let everyone alse fix the problem for them.

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

This is sick. My sister-in-law is Japanese and her family is a group of awesome people. I pray for them every time I hear about this shit going on with North Korea.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

So, no more talk about Foley, huh?

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Guess Kim Jong Il's not so "ronery" anymore.

2mcm, keep the fallout shelter well-stocked.

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

That's just during the Hour of Anger. Then it's back to war against Eurasia.

8. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

It'll lead to more talk about the need for national security, and how you can't trust Democrats on the issue.

Yet, the conservative pundits will fail to mention this has happened under a Republican president and a GOP legislature.

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

... who are supposed to do what, exactly? Invade?

All I know, every bit of file footage on Maximum Leader being shown tonight seems to have some when he was meeting with Madelyn Albright. I guess we'll have to wait for the made-for-TV movie to get to the bottom of their little lovefest.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm curious to see China and Russia's reaction. Might be time (for the Chinese in particular) to pull the choke chain ... hard.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Yippee it's the end of the world ... and I feel fine.
    MSNBC was just reporting that it might be a hoax, that was the feeling Jim Myzoplyz was getting from reading the mind of a White House press release and one the experts they had on the phone said that a hoax of this magnitude was almost impossible.
    Especially considering North Korea said they were going to do it last week and it was confirmed through the various back channels that they had enough enriched material to pull it off.
    Maybe this all plays into Rove's October surprise, Gotta figure it is going to be a draft to get the troops that America would need to fight a war with North Korea. We're commited to supporting our allies in the region. At least that's what another White House press release said.
    In the immortal words of Team America, but sung the sad way, "America, Fuck Yeah."
    And for the lone three of us who like "Jericho" on CBS, do you think Wednesday's episode will be shown or do you think they are scrambling for rewrite?

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Let's not over-react now.

Draft saved Draft deleted