1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

North Carolina Newspaper Jobs

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by wsreader, Jan 25, 2009.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Go to the Journalism Topics forum and search for "Heartland" and/or "Mount Airy." You will run far, far away from Heartland.

(While you're at it, search for Paxton or Durham as well. Paxton is another plague to be avoided. Same for JRC.)

Heartland is owned by a hedge fund and it's run like it's owned by a hedge fund. It's been documented on this site that a lot of the leadership learned its methods at JRC.

2. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Having once worked for a Paxton paper, I concur.

3. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Because you'll have been forced out the door, either through layoff or being worked to death.

4. Or left on my own terms. That is always a possibility. This industry's bad enough as it is, I don't see any point in being more negative than necessary.

5. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

6. sportswriter22

sportswriter22 New Member

Seriously, why would you apply at NEWSPAPERS, anyway?

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Of course, it's left open to interpretation just how much negativity is necessary. Get back to us when you've been treated poorly at enough jobs to recognize an industry trend, and then let's talk about negativity.

Draft saved Draft deleted