1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Non-sports freelance opportunity w/ National Assoc. of Professional Pet Sitters

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by suburbia, Jan 13, 2012.

1. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

I know this is for sports journalists, so Mods, feel free to remove this if you wish. But a colleague of mine who works outside the business asked for my help with passing this on.

The posting is on Elance, so you'll need to log in to their site to see all the details:

The National Association of Professional Pet Sitters (NAPPS). NAPPS is a national non-profit trade association that provides value, credibility, networking and education to help foster the success of its members and is dedicated to promoting the welfare of animals.

The association publishes a 28-page quarterly magazine, The Professional Pet Sitter to fulfill its mission to provide tools and support to foster the success of member's businesses.

The association is currently seeking an executive editor for the magazine.

https://www.elance.com/j/napps-freelance-writer-needed/27872727/

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Those pet-sitter stories aren't going to write themselves, I suppose. My question is whether anyone here has used elance and if so what kind of experience it was.

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I thought there would be opportunities to actually do some pet-sitting... disappointing.

4. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I paid for an entire vacation by pet-sitting. Those were the days.

Can't imagine a publication dedicated to it, though.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

For what kennels in my area charge...THAT'S the career path I should have chosen. Doggie hotel operator.

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

You chose ... poorly.

Draft saved Draft deleted