1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Non-journalists cheering in press box. Should I say something?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by didntdoit19, Oct 20, 2007.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Nah, gonna rape the shit outta them at the number six dance.

My God, that is wrong on so many levels, and yet it is so funny as well.

2. That Homer Bryce story is classic.

If you're in the upstairs press box at the Cotton Bowl for Texas-OU all of the AT&T people are up there, and all cheer like crazy. Drove me insane.

If it gets real bad, I just plug in the headphones and turn up the music. Works great for basketball games.

3. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

That a thread would evolve from cheering in the press box (my BIGGEST peeve) to perhaps my favorite movie all time, well... I'm verklempt.
    Talk amongst yourselves. I really think it can't get any better than this.

4. joe

joe Active Member

Not quite. It set him up to be Attorney General, where he wielded much more power than he would have as one of 100 senators.

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

For a second, I thought this thread must have been started by someone I shared a pressbox with today.

6. Well, it certainly made him available. Tonya Harding might be available, doesn't mean I'm going to pick her up ...

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, if the fan starts playing solitaire on his laptop, report it to rockbottom.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Give the governor a harumph!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Hold on while I whip this out. ...

10. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Were they these interns?

[​IMG]

11. hankschu

hankschu Member

Love the Mel Brooks stuff. Actually, I recall there was some sort of celebrity softball game or ceremony before the game on the field, and he participated.

12. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Oh my god. I'm an idiot. My friends and family would be ashamed of me. (Seriously)

And, although this is probably the most embarassing moment of my anonymous message board career, I'm still not fetching you -- or anyone -- a beer. I might not post much, but I've posted enough dumb shit in the past to move from "dumb newbie" to "irritating jr. member."

Draft saved Draft deleted