1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Noel Gallagher: I'm leaving Oasis because Liam's an arse

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Aug 28, 2009.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

He'll be back.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who didn't know they were still active? I thought they broke up years ago ...

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah, no kidding.

1996 called. It's terribly heartbroken by this news, and requests one more spin of "Champagne Supernova."

4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

What steps has the Prime Minister.. taken to prevent Liam Gallagher from leaving?

He is the lead singer of Oasis! And if he leaves, it will be be bloody awful!

A classic SNL sketch from the 90's.

5. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Noel has a great voice. When he took over for Liam on the MTV unplugged in the 90s he was sensational. If this gives him more opportunities to sing, I'm all for it.

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Noel writes all the (good) songs and plays guitar. He is talented to the nth level.

Liam is the one who looks up into the mike when he sings in a clear imitation of John Lennon's nasal style, necessitated when Lennon couldn't see without his glasses onstage. But MTV called it "unique" in 1997, so yay. He is also usually the one who used to get into the rips on the Beatles and such.

The other two members are pretty nondescript.

7. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Well, poop. This sucks.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Kinda like George and Ringo?

I'm kidding, I'm kidding!!! ;D

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I wouldn't complain if you weren't kidding.

George might have improved greatly as a solo artist (I don't believe he did), but there's a reason he had to scramble for two-three songs per album.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

No one has made better rock 'n' roll for the last 15 years.

Edit: Their most recent album is every bit as good as their first two.

11. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Agreed. They sort of lost their way with Standing on the Shoulders of Giants and Heathen Chemistry... but the last two albums have been fantastic.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I loved Heathen Chemistry. It's kind of hit or miss with most Oasis fans. The only album I just cannot stand is Be Here Now. But even that has "Around the World," which is one of my favorite songs.

Draft saved Draft deleted