1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Noel Devine wears a rattlesnake as a condom

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by djc3317, Jul 13, 2006.

1. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

and before the boogeyman goes to bed, he has to check in the closet for noel devine.

we were talking about this kid at work today. one of the big metros in florida had a centerpiece story on him over the weekend.

I'd seen lots of video of him before and I'm sure all the florida folks know all the details of his story -- which is freaking crazy -- better than I. maybe one of them would be willing to fill us in on them. anyway, here's some video of him (my favorite comes at about the 1:20 mark). sounds like he's got offers from just about everybody. he can take off like he's been shot out of a cannon.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7526886476246949650&q=noel+devine

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Noel Devine can divide by zero.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

He's a fuck-up and a head case who is as conflicted as he is talented. A lot of his problems aren't his fault. Deion Sanders tried to mentor him and not long after wanted nothing to do with him. One thing is for sure, he is a true Internet phenomenon. And he runs on the wings of the gods.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I think I'd recruit that offensive line.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I thought with Devine vis-a-vis Deion it was the other way around. Didn't Devine drive one of Deion's cars to DFW Airport to get the heck outta there?

6. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Not sure he wears any type of condom since he already had two kids.

7. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Me too. Some of the runs on there are jaw dropping, but the first few just show a fast kid running behind what looks like a tremendous offensive line.

8. Herbert Anchovy

F_B, Deion told the media that he didn't want him around because he was a risk to his kids. My understanding of that from what I heard about the kid was that he took off for the airport with Deion's car. Devine at one point was thinking about transfering to a school in Texas. It is a very bizarre story with a lot of weird twists.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Lots of kids have good offensive lines, but not many 16-year-olds have a PlayStation-like spin move.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Whatever happened to that dumbass who had his hedonistic recruitment chronicled by the Miami Herald? Kid got arrested at Florida, committed to Miami then ended up in jail if I recall correctly.

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

You mean <a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2516511&campaign=rss&source=NCFHeadlines">Willie Williams</a>? There's your link.

Updated July 11, 2006
    Associated Press

CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Willie Williams has asked Miami to release him from his scholarship, and is beginning the process of finding a new school.

The linebacker -- who was allowed to enroll at Miami two years ago despite having 11 entries on his arrest record -- was touted as one of the nation's best defensive players coming out of high school, but never became a starter with the Hurricanes.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Thanks, bucko! You can tell how much I pay attention to big-time CFB.

Loved this quote:

"Whatever is best for Willie, I will be in favor of," Miami coach Larry Coker said in a statement released by the school.

In other words: We're distancing ourselves from this goof.

Draft saved Draft deleted