1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

noah in the nba

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Apr 1, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

He's got size and like Oden, I can see him benefitting from another year of college ball. Unfortnately, the money will lure him out.

2. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I think last night was a good example of what kind of NBA player Noah will be. He'll end up on a lot of posters.

3. boots

boots New Member

Hopefully, not in the post office.
    But seriously, he appears to be a good kid. I wish he would stay another year. I think it will help him.

4. I meant the level of success that Gooden has had in the NBA. That's where Noah tops out vis a vis the other players, maybe.
    He has, without question, the ugliest shooting stroke of any high-profile player I have ever seen. Come next season, or the year after, he's going to have to hit midrange jump shots. Right now, he looks like some Scot tossing the stone.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I'm not seeing it for Noah in the NBA. His shot is horrid and his offensive game in the NBA is severely limited, if not laughable. Maybe he can be a serviceable defensive type, but I wouldn't burn a top 10 pick on him. Anyone who does is probably searching for the next Darko Milicic. ;D

6. boots

boots New Member

Do you see him as NBADL, CBA or ABA talent?

7. cake in the rain

cake in the rain Active Member

This is all I need to know about Joakim Noah.

8. boots

boots New Member

I now see him as Dancing with the Stars talent.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

With the right team, he can be excellent. He has very good footwork, excellent speed for his size and a great wingspan. A decent nose for the ball and always thinking. He sets a lot of screens, but they often seem improvised and his technique isn't great. He's a very good athlete, but not out of this world. That being said, he can't throw the ball in the ocean. His upside would be a Marcus Camby type, drift off the ball and block shots while someone else guards a low post scorer. But he better learn to stick an open 15 footer and to put a 20 pounds of muscle on his frame. I can't see taking him top 7.

10. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

If Noah played the kind of game in the NBA he often plays in college, he's not going to play more than five minutes. He'll foul out before then.

The guy is never set on a high screen and nearly every time he touches the ball in the post, he hooks the defender with his off arm. Don't believe me? Watch some of their games.

Refs in the NBA aren't like refs in college. They'll call that shit, especially on a cocky ass rook.

That said, I think Noah would be a great fit in an offense like Phoenix's, where his up-and-down game would be better utilized. He's not a bad ballplayer at all, but he needs a lot of work. He's very raw in a lot of areas.

I'm not going to criticize anyone who takes him at 3, because they're paid to do that, but I can't see it. Not at all. Especially after watching him play against a much better big man last night.

Draft saved Draft deleted