1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

noah in the nba

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

To clarify, "of his era" meant in the SEC while he was there.

2. WS

WS Member

Noah's a pussy. Horford and Brewer will make better NBA players.

3. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

It was slapped outta Chrissy Laettner pretty quickly...and I agree completely with WS.

4. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

He is definitely a third or fourth banana in the NBA. You don't draft him because he will save your franchise. I would like to see him in Phoenix (with ATL's pick). Of the really bad teams, Milwaukee has enough talent with Bogut, Redd, Villanueva, Simmons, etc. where Noah could be effective. But if he ends someplace like Philly, he will go to waste.

5. boots

boots New Member

That's true. Durant is the best. The rest, put them in a barrel and shake em up. No one impresses me.

6. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Not sure why you'd say he doesn't need the money.

Is he supposed to sit around for another 50 years until Daddy (who has plenty of other kids by his other relationships, BTW) dies?
    Big Yannick didn't exactly play in the multi-zillion tennis era, and his discs don't exactly kill outside his local market. :D

I think he's actually gonna have to work for a living when he gets out of school, y'know?

7. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Yes, they are probably better players. But maybe not. Do numbers always tell you a player's worth? Noah is the leader of that team. Without him, they absolutely are not national champs last year and aren't in this year's title game. Surely you understand that what he gives that team isn't stats-based, right? He is a monster inside on defense.

8. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

In five years Noah will be the younger, hairier version of Tony Battie. Mark it down.

Not horrible, but nothing great, either.

9. WS

WS Member

I'm not basing it off stats. It's just my opinion that Horford and Brewer are better NBA players than Noah.

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Noah will be a respectable pro. Maybe not an All-Star, but someone capable of helping a lottery team make the playoffs or a playoff team becoming a contender.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Could he possibly develop a 6- to 10-foot shot? That would open things up for him.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

To me, Noah looks like Drew Gooden. Sometimes he's there, sometimes he's not. And quite often, you can tell what type of game he's going to have by the first five minutes. A solid pro, but no franchise guy.

Draft saved Draft deleted