1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Wonder I use Netflix

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dirk Legume, Jul 2, 2008.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

My favorite unused (I think) headline of all time: Pee Wee in Pokey for Pulling Pud Publicly

Until I get a giant screen TV, there are going to be what I call large-format subject matter movies that just demand to be seen on the theatre screen. Think Jurassic Park. I mean, who wants to see a T-Rex on a 32-inch TV? Anything else, though, I have to think long and hard about shelling out the money, particularly when I know in a couple months I'll be able to get it at Redbox for $1.

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

But then again, if you buy the popcorn you can cut the bottom of it out and give your girlfriend a surprise when she reaches in for some popcorn. :)

3. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Go to a lot of movies with women just one time do ya? :D

4. schiezainc

No. I've never tried it. Something about scorching hot popcorn and scorching hot butter make it difficult for me to get the courage to go for it.

That and I don't want to ruin the $5 for the popcorn. I don't want to eat popcorn my dick's been in.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

It also helps if you have your neighborhood version of "hustleman" that sells bootlegs -- so you can watch new movies at your home the day they hit theatres -- we have a good one in our neighborhood and since I am a loyal customer, I get five for $20.....

6. schiezainc

Yeah, but not just any hack can do that. It's actually an art form (/Seinfeld)

7. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

OK, that made me laugh. I have never had a sig, but that there might just do it.

Awesome.

8. schiezainc

Thanks, I try. :)

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

You didn't even mention the SALT.

OMG.

10. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

For the record: I will gladly pay the $11+ to see any film in IMAX format.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Polar Express . . . maybe not.

12. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

So the tricky part is finding a feature well-accompanied by champagne, but whose coming attractions lean to Michael Bay movies? Hmmm...

Draft saved Draft deleted