1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No white before Memorial Day?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KnuteRockne, Mar 22, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Of course it's none of my business.

If you want to wear a zoot suit, be my guest.

If you want to wear plaid shirts with striped trousers, go ahead.

If you want to wear a $3,000 suit and a $20.00 pair of shoes, it's up to you.

Problem is, at the end of the day, you're still a hick.

And as Ace said, if you're gonna diss the rules, you should at least know what they are.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

fyi, the women of SJ think you are all seriously fucked up.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It is fascinating though. I thought women were the only ones to get all worked up about fashion.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Ok, question to 21 and Sportschick: what do you notice first about a man in a suit?

His suit, his shirt and tie, or his shoes?

5. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Let's bring this back to a point on which we can all agree: There's no better-dressed set, any time of year, than a bunch of sports copy editors and paginators.

6. sportschick

Personally, I notice his tie first (probably, not a lot of snazzy dressers out in podunkville, Mont.), then his shirt (whether or not it works with his shirt, does it clash, etc.), then the suit and finally his shoes. Tied shoes with a suit always throw me off, and yes, I do notice them.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

See, my mother always said that women noticed shoes first.

She maintained the biggest turnoff in a man was a pair of unpolished shoes with rundown heels.

But then my mom was born in 1916 and unfortunately can't post on SportsJournalists.com unless She has an internet cafe. :)

8. sportschick

Tie's at eye level for me, which is probably why it gets noticed before anything else. Despite my shoe love, that's generally the last thing I look at in a guy's outfit.

9. Cadet

Cadet Guest

None of the above. ;D 8)

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

How about bow ties?

[​IMG]

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The glasses? :)

12. sportschick

I love men in bowties. It explains by cross-aisle crush on Tucker Carlson :D

Draft saved Draft deleted