1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No thread on Steve McNair's retirement?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Apr 18, 2008.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Boomer was 100 times better than Everett.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Ya, and here's the complete transcript of that discussion: "Steve McNair does not belong in the Hall of Fame."

3. 93Devil

He was the starting QB on teams that won 13, 13, 13, 12 and 11 games. Eddie George was also on those teams, but how many HOF players were dressing for those teams not named Matthews?

To be that good for that long, you need to be recognized. I don't think he should get in, but it should not be a straight "no."

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

He'd be in The Hall of Very Good, but not the Hall of Fame.

Great competitor.

5. 93Devil

Sounds about right to me.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

I'm waiting for you to start the David Garrard for sainthood campaign, devil. You know, because he beat the Steelers twice in Pittsburgh last year. I mean, we need to have that discussion.

7. 93Devil

hahahaha

McNair was a hell of a QB.

If Garrard wins 80+ games as a starter in the NFL and gets within one yard of winning a Super Bowl, then we will see.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Awesome.

I liked McNair, but I think he tried to hang on a year too long.

Still, McNair's escape job in the second-to-last play in Super Bowl XXXIV was one of the greatest football plays I've ever seen and the BEST Super Bowl play ever in my opinion, even though it ultimately ended in tears for the Titans.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

In the NFL the only thing that matters is if you can stay on the field. McNair could not. Very good QB who was injured all the time...

He'll be in Canton in five years... Watching Brett Favre get inducted... :D

10. rube

rube Active Member

I never really minded McNair and it was admirable of him to play through the pain and whatnot, but did we have to get a detailed description from both him and Jeff Fisher after every single goddamn one of them?
    "Steve, you played pretty well today ... you're thoughts?"
    "Did you know I was injured?"
    I mean maybe I'm off base here, but all I ever remember about Steve McNair (outside of being a pretty solid gamer) was that he made damn sure everyone in the world knew full well that his ribs were hurting.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

No WAY it's better than Eli Manning's escape and Hail Mary pass to David Tyree. Especially since the Giants ended up winning.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

McNair's games by year, discounting the first two years he sat behind Chris Chandler: 16-16-11-16-15-16-14-8-14-16-6.

Eight seasons with 14 or more games played in 10 years.

Yeah he could not stay on the field.

Fucking idiot. Why don't you go fucking email The Big Lead and see if they'll finally fucking interview you...

Draft saved Draft deleted