1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No talking at the movies........or else

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Riddick, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

A bad, bad move at which to be seated close to chatterboxes . . . not every vital line is screamed to the skies.

Still emphasizes why more and more multiplexes are shuttered. The only assholes at home are the ones you've invited, and the popcorn's not $5 a bag.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

They should just run this story before every feature. Found it funny the other day at the movies when every other ad was for a phone and then the previews start and its "please quiet your cellphones."

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Certain segments of society will blame this scourge on ADD, or its child equivalency.

Nuh-uh. You can't sit still in a movie because you have moist cardboard for brains, and shit for common courtesy.

4. Shifty Squid

Shifty Squid Member

In Russia, talkers shoot you! (/Yakov Smirnoff)

5. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I'm guessing if he knew the guy was armed he would have voluntarily stfu.

Seriously though, what makes anyone think that a guy like this wouldn't carry a gun even if it were illegal?

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

It's certain to be more effective ...

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Look, it bothers me when people talk through movies. It bothers me as much as it bothers anybody (with the exception of the shooter in this case), but does anybody really want to live in a world where everyone is in fear that some minor breach of etiquette could have fatal consequences?

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And shitty parents.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Good point. I don't see that the presence of guns promotes a civil and polite society.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Hank Moody approves.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Minor breach in etiquette?

Minor breach in etiquette is not holding the door for the person behind you as you leave a building.

I consider it intentional rudeness.

And the guy was shot in the arm, not in his fucking selfish motormouth, so it's hardly fatal consequences.

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Hank would've just thrown the cellphone aside and beaten the crap out of the guy, no need for a gun.
    (now if I could only find the clip on YouTube)

Draft saved Draft deleted