1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No suspensions for Robert Morris men's hoops players

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Mar 10, 2009.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09069/954500-169.stm

Conveniently, it's because they play for the NEC title game tomorrow.
    Mike Rice comes off looking pretty weak right now.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Funny reading that. The same writer had a story in today's P-G about what making it to the NCAA tournament would mean for the program and the university.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

Well, the story broke around 11 last night, so no surprise on the timing.

4. outofplace

I know. I've been in those situations. Must've been frustrating as hell for Dunlap.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

Not really...had he missed it, I could see...but he didn't, so...

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

They should be suspended based on what it says happened in that story? Only one guy facing charges and they are such important charges that the summons is in the mail?

7. markvid

markvid Guest

But where is the higher standard that's supposedly on these guys for missteps? Why are they out that late in the middle of a tournament?
    At least the guy facing charges should be benched.

8. outofplace

For me it is. Even if there is no way I could be blamed for not having a story, I still get ticked when I don't have it. I've met Colin. My guess is he feels the same way.

I could see suspending Nwigwe, since he is facing charges, but I don't know of many programs that would suspend the other three in that situation. By the way, Nwigwe isn't a starter. Looks like he is one of their top reserves.

9. TheSportsPredictor

They're at a convenience store around 11 with no game the next day. That's late and the middle of the tournament?

I'm more concerned with how Mount St. Mary's moved from the #2 seed to the #3 seed since the semifinals, according to the NEC website.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

11? Stories last night said around 3

11. TheSportsPredictor

Story lists no time; your post says story broke around 11, therefore I assumed the incident happened around that time.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

Well, 3 Saturday night/Sunday AM, story broke Monday night at 11

Draft saved Draft deleted