1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No SNL season debut thread?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Megan Fox and U2 ... and some lousy skits so far.

2. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I think someone just said fucking instead of fricking. Read Paul Shaffer did the same thing once. Other than that, show blows.

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I don't think the show's been too bad so far... (U2's the best part)... but you weren't hearing things. She said fuck on live TV.

Pay up, NBC. :)

4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

That was probably her first and last show on the cast of Saturday Night Live. And there have been a few good ones and a few bad ones tonight.

5. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Why does U2 keep playing the same song over and over?

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

megan fox is every bit as stunning as advertized. this from someone has has never seen any of her films.

7. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

I'm pretty sure this was what the SNL season thread was titled last year.

And, shockey, I don't know why, but I thought she was worse looking than advertised. I've only seen a few pictures of her on magazine covers and was not overly impressed. I can think of probably 20 Hollywood celebs who are better looking. Different strokes, obviously.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

strokes.

*snicker*

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Her "monologue" had a nice concept, but man . . . she really comes off as being dumb as a rock.

Is this worth watching the rest of? When's the F-word?

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I'm guessing that's not acting.

11. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Dude, he said strokes.

Yeah, strokes... (snickers and snarks)

Somewhere, somehow, Casey Wilson and Michaela Watkins are wondering why they aren't on the show...

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Loved the "Live links" sketch.

Laughed at the news guy's "They're going to rename the Nets the Nyets" line.

Thought the Biker Chicks Talk Show was amusing, though it was obviously cleaned up before its airing here.

Other than that . . . I forgot how excruciating to watch SNL has become. The "I'm nervous . . . Just kidding" character on Weekend Update just made me feel bad for the actress.

As always, 30 minutes of show (a couple of solid sketches, one truly funny one, a musical guest) in a 90-minute package.

Draft saved Draft deleted