1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No one's good in The Client anymore

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jul 27, 2019.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Interesting analysis. I've noticed that most of the "mid-budget" $50-75 mil crime-dramas are now Miniseries on Netflix or FX. Producers enjoy being able to string out a story over 10 - 13 episodes. Also the movie release calendar is brutal. You have one week to make or break, earn half your budget back or don't. And with most weeks featuring at least one $100 mil budget movie or more, tough to do that coming in second or third at the box office. Now you have indies and blockbusters/animated with little in-between.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

What if Boogie Nights were 10 to 13 episodes?

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I miss the middlebrow legal thriller. I rather liked them even if they weren't always that good.

Who didn't like five minutes of Primal Fear when it came on TV. Now it's Thor 7.

Point me to these $75 million Netflix legal thrillers that aren't documentaries. I'm tired to death of pulpy documentaries.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Head over to Prime and watch Bosch and Line of Duty.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I’ve seen Bosch. Luther, every one of those British crime dramas, all of those. (Broadchurch is terrific.)

But I’ll check out Line of Duty.

Didn’t love Jack Ryan on prime but it wasn’t bad. Saw the movie Black Rain again though. Loved that piece of shit (and it is) as much as the first time.

7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

The one with Gillian Anderson was good.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Gillian Anderson was enchanting in that serial killer show. Lordy, she aged well.

Neutral Corner likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted