1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No more aspartame in Diet Pepsi

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 24, 2015.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yup. Get that. :)

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Switching to something like diet soda or skim milk is hard at first, but you get used to it pretty quickly.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I have yet to see anyone drinking a diet soft drink and think, "Jesus, they look healthy."

old_tony likes this.
  4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I am a Diet Coke addict. I don't have any other vices. No drugs and I don't drink very much. Diet Coke is it for me. Regular Coke tastes disgusting to me and I don't like the aftertaste of any sugared drinks, including fresh lemonade with sugar. When people make jokes about someone drinking a Diet Coke with a dozen donuts and a bucket of chicken, it makes sense to me. Whether I'm eating a plate of raw vegetables or something fat- and/or calorie-laden, I'm drinking a Diet Coke with it.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
    jr/shotglass and Dick Whitman like this.
  5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Been drinking 2-3 liters of Diet Pepsi variations a day for some 35 years.

Never missed a day of school or work due to illness. I'm 54.

Your mileage may vary, of course.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yes, but do you LOOK healthy?

Dyno likes this.
  7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

How do you define "look healthy"?

8. BitterYoungMatador2

You don't see a lot of runners, hikers, bikers, joggers or anyone else doing anything else drinking the shit usually.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

2-3 liters a day! Holy crap, just the money spent on this would make me crazy.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't understand where this is going. There are zero calories in Diet Coke.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

doesn't mean it's necessarily good for your body.

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

If you buy in bulk it would be roughly the price of a daily trip to Starbucks. I know plenty of active people who prefer Diet Coke as their main caffeine source at work.

I'd drink Dr Pepper like Forrest Gump if I could get away with it, but my gut gets huge if I don't stick to mostly diet. Diet Dr Pepper is OK, but cherry Coke Zero is the best. If my doctor told be to give up alcohol or just about anything else I'd be fine, but I've tried to kick pop with no success.

Draft saved Draft deleted