1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

no more 5950?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HoopsMcCann, Sep 7, 2006.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

2. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

it's incredibly uncomfortable and silly. it also makes it look like it's too big for your head

a hat is for comfort and to keep sun out of your eyes

3. HoopsMcCann

luckily i'll be in kansas city soon, so i can get a coupel of royals hats

like everyone said, you've got to try 'em on before you buy 'em because the size varies from person to person... that makes ordering off the web difficult.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I have a huge noggin. It's a virtual planetoid. It has its own weather system. I cry myself to sleep on my huge pillow.

5. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Maybe you can get a job breaking in caps for Bruce Bochy. Or Barry Bonds.

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Are you allowed on beaches? Several Florida cities have banned me because my head affects thier tides.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You remember the tsunami, right? I think I caused that by bobbing my head to Run-DMC's "Christmas in Hollis."

8. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

All sarcasm aside, I have no idea what you're talking about. The near-straight bill, as it comes in the store or out of the box from online, looks great as an everyday cap. When I played baseball, of course I bent the bill. But it looks dumb on most hats you wear with street clothes.

And as far as comfort, I'm not sure what you mean about the flat bill. Its incredibly comfortable, and unless you live on a planet where the sun comes from two sides, how does a straight bill not block the sun for you?

9. HoopsMcCann

i wear my hat at other times than just high noon

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Um, wouldn't wearing it with the flat bill make it look like you are attempting to be a professional ballplayer? Every minor leaguer and college baseball player wears it with the flat bill and quite a few major leaguers do to.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Fixed.

Let me guess ... you tuck your ears into it and wear it cocked slightly to the side, right?

I'm not going to knock it ... it's not my style, but if you want to wear it that way, be my guest. That's your right. Just not sure how you can say bending the brim of a 59-Fifty looks stupid ... it's the way baseball were always worn until about five years ago. Even you grew up with that style, I guarantee it.

This here is the strongest evidence I can present for why the bent brim is better:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Head! Paper! Now!

Draft saved Draft deleted