1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Monday thread for Iranian president's visit?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, Sep 24, 2007.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

I agree.
    If he's such the idiot, why extend the invitation to begin with?

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

For reasons that escape me, getting criticized in a foreign country always does wonders for a politician's standing back home. Any politician. President Hardtospell doesn't care what we think about him. He's playing to a domestic audience.
    Shows how weird the world is. Imagine a big country like Iran choosing a belligerent, ignorant loudmouth like that guy to represent them. Glad that could never happen here.

3. Today's NYP front had the two football teams, but no Dinner Jacket.
    I'm sorry, but if Rupert doesn't think the guy's front-page worthy, I don't either.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I have no defense, other than it was on because I left the TV on while I was getting ready and their show started. But it's not really a good defense, because I had been watching "Ellen."

5. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Very few folks in the U.S. are going to give Ahmadinejad credit for anything positive.

I'm concerned about how the footage will be used in Iran. To me that's outweighed by the exposure he has gotten in this country. Which is inevitably negative, given his stances on the Holocaust, homosexuals, etc.

I hope the networks will continue to be aggressive about exposing the holes in his presentation, and the facts about his regime. Try asking someone at a bar a few questions about the Iranian regime sometime. The embassy takeover is just about forgotten, for example, much less Ahmadinejad's probable role in it.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Anybody think Bush has the stones to speak in front of a group of students at Tehran University?

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Yawn, why would you expect Monday to start a thread about the Iranian president?[/ancientsjhistory]

8. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Anyone glad that Achmadoody could speak at one of our great universities and come away unscathed physically?

To answer your question, yes I think he has the stones. I would look forward to a day when a U.S. President could actually, safely speak at Tehran University.

Stones may just be GWB's biggest problem. As opposed to lack of them.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Hell, he doesn't the stones to speak in front of a group of Americans who aren't hand-selected.

10. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Hmmmm do I sense sarcasm without the blue font there?

11. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Ummmm. Stones? Middle East? Not a good mix!

12. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Do you think those crazies would even bother to invite him? Hell, while their man was getting dissed here, they were creating another Death to Bush and Death to America march....the millionth of its kind I believe.

Draft saved Draft deleted