1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Idiots Allowed Fantasy League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Mar 24, 2005.

1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

That Jackson garbage TD ruined my night.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

2018 NIAFL Football Championship

No. 1 That Nagy Feeling (11-3) vs. No. 2 Xana'Rams (10-4)

Qwerty and Xanadu played once during the season, Week 11, when Xan's team should've extended its win streak to 6 games only to lose 83-68 after Gurley scored just 8 of his projected 23 points. That was the week the Rams beat the Chiefs 54-51 on Monday night ... a game that had 11 offensive touchdowns yet Gurley didn't score any of them. Xan goes for his second title in 3 years. Starting at QB will be Trubisky or Lamar.

Good luck, Qwerty.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Good win, Xan. I don't have any complaints about dragging that team I had all the way to the semifinals, despite Yahoo's 0-13 prediction. But when your centerpieces were Brees, Green and Beckham, and two don't play and the other stinks it up on MNF football, what are you gonna do?

Songbird likes this.
  4. Songbird

The championship has come down to the tight ends, which is appropriate because if you were to shove lumps of coal up our asses right now, we'd shit you out Tiffany cuff links in about 5 minutes.

5. Songbird

It's been a fun but agonizing championship.

After yesterday, Xanadu leads Qwerty 82-78.

Qwerty's roster is finished. Xanadu has tight end Jared Cook going tonight.

Cook is projected to score 7 points so Xanadu has a 96% chance to win the title.

Qwerty still has a path to victory ... if Cook loses 2 fumbles and finishes with >10 receiving yards.

The 2 fumbles would drop the score to 78-78, and Qwerty would win the tiebreaker.

Stranger shit has happened.

6. Songbird

It's official, Xanadu wins the 2018 NIAFL title for the 2nd time in 3 years after beating Qwerty 84-78 in a thrilling championship. Enjoyed doing battle with you, Qwert. #Purple!

7. Songbird

2018 NIAFL Football Playoffs

Championship: Xana'Rams 84, That Nagy Feeling 78
    3rd Place: Black & Gold 91, Gunshow Poopholes 75
    5th Place: Washington Wombats 64, Flying Dutchmen 59
    7th Place: Well Hungarian 72, Evil Hots 71
    9th Place: Jimmy G Spot 108, Lions Empty Trophy Case 99
    Participation trophies: 50 Shades of Jay, Les Cousins Dangereux

At 2-3, wasn't sure how things would shake out but went 9-1 the final 10 weeks.

Judging by my 4 finishes since joining, I won't be winning the 2019 title but do look forward to defending this one.

So, when's the NIAFL baseball draft?

Screen Shot 2018-12-25 at 9.47.26 AM.png

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  8. Songbird

2018 NIAFL Football Championship Boxscore

That Nagy Feeling's bench players scored 64, Xana'Rams benchers scored 44.

The big decision was what to do with Gurley? I waffled for hours ... activated Michel for Gurley ... then said What the Fuck! and switched back to Gurley minutes before the 1 o'clock games. But then the Rams deactivated Gurley -- What the fuck!? -- and my only option to fill the hole was to activate C.J. Anderson, who I picked up Saturday morning. Lo and behold, Anderson scored 22 points, or 5 more than Michel would have given me and I still would have won 79-78. Although it would have been 84-78 had I started Lamar over Trubisky. It's funny because Trubisky was supposed to have the bigger game against the weak 49ers and everyone said Lamar's in for his stiffest test against the tough Chargers defense. Turns out Lamar scored more points than Trubisky 13-8. Lamar's the real deal, and the Ravens are going to be special the next 5-8 years as will Ketchup Mahomes and the Chiefs and Mayfield and the Browns. But anyway.

Here's the final tally ... edge of your seat excitement and emotional ups and downs galore.

Screen Shot 2018-12-25 at 10.07.22 AM.png

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

No one cares about your fantasy team.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

baseball
    baseball

11. Songbird

Any idea when the NIAFL Baseball '19 page will be up and running?

Vombatus likes this.
  12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Count me in.

WW

Draft saved Draft deleted