1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No-hitters and Your Paper

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Dan Rydell, Apr 19, 2007.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

But if I put in my time here, Coffeyville just has to take me!

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

And now poor Mark Buehrle is an asshole. Talk about a fall from grace in one evening.

3. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Oh dear. Meat's gonna shake buck off, isn't he?

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Meat just hit the fuckin' bull.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Hell, no. I deserved that. Even respect Meat for it.

6. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Yeah, but, Jesus, look at his shower shoes!

7. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

Who the hell are you to pass judgement on other newspapers? I know I probably shouldn't have taken that so personally, but my co-workers and I bust our asses every single night to make our section as informative and entertaining for our readers as possible. In a perfect world, it's on the front. But sometimes, circumstances dictate otherwise. It's cool to have an opinion, but the attitude with which you stated it can suck it.

8. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

Mert, I know the only thing you're willing to tear your front page up for is the latest MMA result. ;)
    *ducking*

9. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I'm still trying to figure out where the hell HH is, where the Cardinals AND Braves are part of the local market.

10. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

I know where HH is and it still doesn't make sense. We're talking significant distance from both St. Louis and Atlanta. Hopefully, he can explain.

11. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I think a no-hitter belongs on the cover generally, but damn, yeah, that's a tough night.

12. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Combined with the shitty art our photo staff gave us from what was our original centerpiece (local Podunk U's baseball game, and a loss at that), we downgraded that considerably and worked Buherle as an overplay with art of him and his combative catcher celebrating.

I have long felt no-nos belong on the cover, and got into a shouting match at my former big-time daily when we didn't rip up said cover for one. Those who know me know that shouting matches are among my fortes.

rb

Draft saved Draft deleted