1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No-hitter alert

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Apr 9, 2007.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

MLB.tv is a beautiful thing. :D

Did any of the ESPN channels switch to the final batters? We couldn't find it, so I just turned up the sound on my computer and we watched it there.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Good question. I don't know. We watched it on Fox Sports Southwest.

3. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Nope. But come on, an in-the-bag NBA game and some boxing match are WAY more exciting.

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Exactly, buckweaver! I've got mlb.tv rigged so I can watch the games on my TV. Not as clear as if I got Extra Innings, but it's pretty cool. That was a rare case where ESPN didn't break in to show the end of a no-hitter.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

Come on, it's not like it was the Yankees or Red Sox.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

:) :D ;D

7. ondeadline

Don't you know ESPN is all giddy about Dice-K pitching for the Red Sox against the Yankees on Sunday night?

8. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

Isn't that ridiculous? Clearly no one will want to watch that. It'll probably get terrible ratings.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Fuck Mark Buehrle. That is all [/bitter about redoing her front page]

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You too, huh? Fortunately, I had a no-brainer AP story to boot, making space for this, even for the early edition. Picked up the optional for second edition.

11. ondeadline

That idiot Colin Cowherd, once again, spent a lot of time talking about why he isn't talking about something. Does any other talk-show host do this crap? Apparently, a no-hitter isn't a topic.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The story will be Chase Wright, booyah.

Draft saved Draft deleted