1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No-hitter alert: Jon Lester

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Shaggy, May 19, 2008.

1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Best seats I've ever had for a game at Fenway (company's monthly drawing), and I was hoping to see Manny hit a couple of bombs. Baseball is a funny game.
    I had an extra ticket hanging from the four I won, and two co-workers are kicking themselves on taking me up on the freebie. But the guy I sold it to on the street (for $20 45-50 minutes before the game; definitely a buyers' market last night) sold it to somebody else (didn't ask her what she paid). Think he's not kicking himself this morning?
    P.S.: Blogged about it at the link below...

2. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Terrier, did it seem to you like there was no buzz about the no-hitter until there were two out in the eighth? From where I was sitting, it certainly seemed that way.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

As a cancer survivor, it's inspiring to see another one succeed to that extent.

And Pos wrote gold from the Royals' perspective.

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I'd say the crowd didn't really wake up to it until about the end of the seventh.
    And whoever allowed the scoreboard nugget to go up in the eighth about Miguel Olivo catching Anibal Sanchez' no-hitter in Florida two years ago didn't have a clue.

Draft saved Draft deleted