1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No-hitter alert: Jon Lester

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Shaggy, May 19, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Lester's cancer (lymphoma) has been in remission since December 2006. So ... yeah, for him.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Time to rename the thread, no?

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's one of my favorite episodes of Boy Meets World. I just hope he doesn't sleep through his history test tomorrow.

4. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

I just went to Lester's Wikipedia page. I thought, "Gee, I should update it by adding his no-hitter." After all, it had only been about 12 seconds since the final pitch. But the damned thing was already there. Somebody to have it written. They must have waited for the pitch to hit the button to add it.

5. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I'm watching the NESN feed. It amazes me how fast they can throw shit together.

The guests, the analysis, all that stuff.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It's a great story. Very happy for him. And I hate the Sawx.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

i hate the sawx, too. but it was impossible not to root for lester in the 9th. like it must've been hard for yankee haters to root against jim abbott. 8) 8) 8)

8. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Growing up, I loved the Detroit Tigers.

My dad would wake me up for the ninth inning of important games. And I remember he let me watch all of Game 5 of the World Series, when Gibson hit the two homers — the second off Gossage.

9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

My dad did that for me with Juan Nieves' no-no in 1987 when I was 10. I had smuggled a radio underneath my bed covers when my mom had sent me to bed in the seventh inning.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Wasn't that a day game? Or at least a late afternoon game? (I have no idea why I remember thinking that.)

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Hasn't Varitek caught the last four Boston no-hitters?

12. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Yes, MLB record for no-hitters caught.

Draft saved Draft deleted