1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"No Easy Day"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

We had a thread already about the controversy surrounding the book, both the breaking of the author's name by Fox News and the general appropriateness of the author's undertaking. However, I'm curious to know if anyone else purchased it today? I got to the bookstore bright and early to nab a copy, and am about to sit down with it. The New York Times gave it a good review this week, for what that's worth.

Thought this could serve as a thread to discuss people's thoughts on it, much like the Posnanski/Paterno thread on Journalism Topics.

Anyone else plunk down their $26.95 today or plan to?

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It depends if I get concerned enough.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I plan to plunk down half that and get it in two days from Amazon

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Pre-ordered it. Should arrive today.

Also, I'd like to take this chance to echo Moddy's advice way back when: Amazon Prime is well worth the $79 a year, if only for the two-day shipping.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Kindle 12.99 had in 2 minutes.

6. JackReacher

$26.95? LOL

7. Dick Whitman

That's just the listed price. I didn't pay it, either. No one does, of course.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. Boom_70

But in your question above you asked "Did anyone else punk down $26.95 today?" which I took to assume that you paid $26.95. :)

9. JackReacher

Ah. You said "anyone else plunk down their $26.95?" I assumed that meant you did as well when you nabbed your copy from the bookstore bright and early.

10. Boom_70

I'm really liking it so far. A shame that we will not be able to have a complete discussion about it here on SJ.

11. Dick Whitman

OK, time to come clean on all of it. It wasn't that bright (overcast) and it wasn't that early (10 a.m.). And I didn't so much nab it as I gently picked it up and handed it to the cashier.

12. JackReacher

But you definitely didn't pay $26.95, right? Cause that'd be dumb.

Draft saved Draft deleted