1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No context Wikipedia text

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dixiehack, Aug 14, 2023.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

They could have the electrodes already taped to my body and I’d still find room for Blue Bell ice cream.

Wenders and Batman like this.
  2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

“Grimsley took a bat belonging to Indians player Paul Sorrento and accessed the area above the false ceiling in the clubhouse and crawled across with a flashlight in his mouth until he reached the umpires' room.”

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Sounds like a new menu item at the Texas State Fair.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

"We get all the way out past Henderson, Nevada, find a nice quiet spot in the desert to bury Angie. We open the trunk, and only then do we realize neither one of us had packed a shovel. Jose thought I did it. I thought Jose did it. And there's poor Angie, dead as a doornail on a tarp in the desert, half her face gone ..."

Oh, wait.

Wikipedia.

maumann, HanSenSE, Batman and 2 others like this.
  5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

"Hang tight, just wanna polish off this cookies and cream."

6. dixiehack

“In 2021, Morgan fired half of his firm's marketing department. The staffing purge came in the wake of a controversial Morgan & Morgan national advertising campaign, "Size Matters," which was meant to convey the large scale of the firm, but was criticized as an inappropriate dick joke. The staffers who were fired had criticized the ad campaign's phallic implications.”

7. John

John Well-Known Member

They did NIL deals with a bunch of big SEC players like Jordan Davis.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

began his career as a journalist in 1912 while still a student at Columbia University; he worked as the New York correspondent for The Philadelphia Record. He worked as European war correspondent during World War I for the McClure Newspaper Syndicate, then was director of information in England and Ireland for the US Committee on Public Information.

In 1927, he was retained by Horace Liveright to revise Hamilton Deane's 1924 stage adaptation of Dracula for its American production. He did some significant work on the adaptation, which was a success when it debuted in October, running for 261 performances and making a star of Bela Lugosi.

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

• Randy Feltface, a puppet in various Australian television shows“

garrow likes this.
  10. dixiehack

“On June 22, 1953, a newspaper boy, collecting for the Brooklyn Eagle, at an apartment building at 3403 Foster Avenue in Brooklyn, was paid with a nickel that felt funny to him. When he dropped it on the ground, it popped open and contained microfilm inside. The microfilm contained a series of numbers. He told the New York City Police Department, which in two days told a Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) agent about the strange nickel. The FBI was not able to link the nickel to KGB agents until a KGB (Committee on State Security of the Soviet Union) agent, Reino Häyhänen, wanted to defect to the West and the United States in May 1957”

garrow and I Should Coco like this.
  11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

This is supposedly because in a study where respondents were asked to choose a random number from 1 to 20, 17 was the most common choice.

12. dixiehack

“At a SaigonUSO show in 1970, an opening act of GI musicians dedicated their first song to "Mr. Bob Hope" and proceeded to play the heavy metal antiwar classic by Black Sabbath, "War Pigs"

I Should Coco and Captain_Kirk like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted