1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No air conditioning

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Jun 19, 2006.

1. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I think they do. Their plan is something like this:

While we are in the building: Run things the proper way.

When we leave: Switch everything off.

Repeat daily.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Mr. Publisher's office is always cool and refreshing. ;)

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Went through the same problem with my last newspaper, where the publisher had the thermostat moved from the newsroom to his office. Ironically, it was the only one which was moved. The one in composition/camera room and the other in advertising were kept there, but for us poor schlubs in circulation (who ironically aren't there after 7 p.m.) and editorial, hey, we were stuck out.

Solutions? Complain, complain, complain, complain. I once threatened to take the sweat from an unmentionable body part and smear it on the publisher's windows if the problem wasn't fixed but my ME talked me out of it.

This was, of course, the same newspaper that refused to fix the parking lot's exterior lights that tended to stop working around dark, which meant we had to venture outside in an unsafe neighborhood at 2 a.m. in the total darkness.

Draft saved Draft deleted