1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No. 1? Who cares. Who's No. 3?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by beefncheddar, Nov 25, 2007.

?

After WVU/Mizzou, who's next in line?

1. LSU

2 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. Kansas

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Ohio State

24 vote(s)
    60.0%
  4. Arizona State

2 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. Georgia

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  6. Virginia Tech

2 vote(s)
    5.0%
  7. Oregon

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  8. Oklahoma

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Like Notre Dame would beat VMI. P'shaw.

2. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

MG:

The reason I'd have a hard time seeing KU in the title game is simple and it has nothing to do with KU relative to OSU.

KU lost to Mizzou.

So in the current system Mizzou has "advanced" to the Big 12 title game. Now if Mizziou loses to OU this week then KU shouldn't be allowed into the title game. I'd vote for OU before I would vote for KU.

I'd do so because of the results I've seen on the field. KU hasn't played OU this season but my eye, and results to this point, tell me that Mizzou and OU are superior to KU.

And for the record, I don't think West Virginia deserves to be ranked anywhere near where it is. The Big Least sucks and all of a sudden people are jizzing over the Mountaineers because they beat UConn?

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

She ain't the only one who thinks Hawaii deserves to be in the discussion.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i ain't buying it, dawg.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If one loss eliminates Kansas, and one-lost West Virginia isn't good enough to play for the title, then by the same logic, Ohio State should not play for it, either.
    This year, the national championship will be the most "mythical" it's ever been, which is saying something.
    On the other hand, here we are throwing out deserving candidates right and left in college ball, while the evidence of today's NFL games indicate there sure as hell aren't 12 teams that deserve to be in its playoffs.

6. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i love that logic -- "they're nearly equal" but if you vote for one over the other, you're a fanboy loser

i loathe the conference that can't count and believe its below the big east in quality and i went to georgia, but i'd still put ohio state ahead of the dogs

uga doesn't deserve to be in the sec title game

and, for those who talk about rankings and when teams were ranked -- not sure if some folks realize this -- some teams may not be ranked now because they aren't as good as they were then because of injuries or other factors. and that said, georgia looked like shit around the time of the tennessee game and then richt and staff made some adjustmets and made them a much better team. when tennessee beat them, they weren't the fourth or fifth best team in the country. now they are. but even if they are, they don't deserve to be in the national title chase, because the vols kicked the shit out of them and south carolina (with jasper or casper or whichever middle linebacker they lost), which was a better team in the second week of the season than in the second-to-last week of the season

7. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

MG: I agree OSU isn't "deserving" of a spot in the game. I only put them in in my original scenario because, thanks to the nature of the polls, they'd move up and slide in.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Then what's the point of having a regular season? Hawaii's the only unbeaten team left in the nation. Why shouldn't they have an opportunity to play for the National Championship?

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

because they play pussies?

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

When teams like Michigan can't be convinced to play them, when teams like Alabama buy out contracts to make sure they don't have to play them.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Future Hawaii non-conference skeds:
    Aug. 30 at Florida
    Sept. 6 WEBER STATE
    Sept. 13 at Oregon State
    Nov. 29 WASHINGTON STATE
    Dec. 6 CINCINNATI
    Sept. 5 NAVY
    Sept. 12 at Washington State
    Sept. 19 at UNLV
    Nov. 28 WISCONSIN
    Sept. 4 USC
    Sept. 25 UNLV
    Sept. 17 CHARLESTON SOUTHERN
    Sept. 24 at UNLV
    Nov. 26 WASHINGTON STATE

They seem to find a way to get decent teams on the schedule (and in their stadium, too). And it's not like anyone expects Hawaii to revert to a 2-9, 3-8 kind of team.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

No Brennan after this year, and they did have at least one team (Michigan St, maybe) back out this year.

Draft saved Draft deleted